Brian Harrod's Make Believe Ballroom

Brian Harrod's Make Believe Ballroom Is Tracked By Google Analytics

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Rosemary Clooney - Tenderly - 1952



"Tenderly" is a Pop standard published in 1946 with music by Walter Lloyd Gross (1909-1967) and lyrics by Jack Lawrence.

"Tenderly" has been recorded by many famous artists, but possibly the best-known version is by Rosemary Clooney. Her recorded version reached only #17 on the Billboard magazine pop charts in early 1952, but is more popular than the chart data would suggest, as is evidenced by the fact that Tenderly served as the theme song for Clooney's 1956-1957 TV variety show. It also became her signature song.

I consciously came to know of the song in the late 1970's while watching a Bing Crosby Special; Rosemary, a guest star on the show, sang it and it just took my breath away; I immediately realized that I had heard the song before, and it brought vivid memories of my childhood and my mother. It is because of this that I made this video - A way to pay tribute to this great artist, song and to the beautiful memory of my late mother. It is to her that I dedicate this song and I know she watches from a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment